Top 20 Performance-Based Interview Questions
July 11th, 2011 by lewisTweet
SEE ALSO: 60+ Killer Salary Negotiation Scripts
Performance-based interview questions are similar to behavioral interview questions. That is, the interviewer is using your past performance to gauge your future success. Here are 20 popular performance-based interview questions:
- What was the most creative idea you introduced on the job? How did you persuade your superior?
- Describe a time when voicing your opinion was uncomfortable or could have had serious consequences, but you did it because you believed so strongly in the value of your perspective.
- Give me an example of the most complex project/assignment you have had, including your role and the outcome.
- Describe a situation at work when you had to make a decision and were uncertain about the outcome.
- What do you do when you are communicating with someone and it becomes apparent that they don’t understand what you’re saying or vice versa?
- Describe a situation in which you developed a group into a strong working team.
- Communication and leadership go hand in hand. Tell me about a time when your communication skills enabled you to influence the way others thought or acted, even in a very difficult situation.
- What important goals have you set in the past and how you accomplished them successfully?
- Describe how you delegate responsibility in your current job.
- Describe a time when you had to sell an idea to your manager or another authority figure.
- Give me an example taken from your experiences in report writing, preparation of memos, or general correspondence which illustrates the extent of your written communication skills.
- Give me an example of a time when you built rapport with an individual or group at work, even when the situation was difficult.
- Solving problems requires more than good plans; it means taking action. Give me an example of a time when you were able to take meaningful action to resolve a problem.
- Sometimes it is necessary to work in unsettled or rapidly changing circumstances. When have you found yourself in this position? Tell me exactly what you did and the outcome.
- Tell me about a time when you had to cope with strict deadlines or time demands.
- What examples can you recall of instances in which you were responsive to your customer or successful in completing a quality job?
- How have you improved existing processes and procedures?
- Give me an example of how you have demonstrated technical or functional expertise?
- Give me an example of how cooperative interaction with other members of a team has been a part of your work.
- Give me an example of a time when others have been able to count on you “being there” time after time, project after project.
If you liked this article, let us know by clicking Like.