Answers to 10 Common Customer Service Interview Questions
February 26th, 2013 by lewisTweet
Zendesk, a popular customer service tool, featured 10 interview questions for hiring great customer service reps. I’ve included the list below; stay tuned for example answers in an upcoming blog post. Our question to you: what customer service interview questions would you like to see examples for? Respond in our comments section.
- Who have you spoken with so far in the interview process and what did you talk about? [This demonstrates if can they retain knowledge of names and other details]
- Tell me about your last or current position — what did you love and what didn’t you like?
- Tell me about problems with the products or services you previously supported?
- What things on your resume are you really an expert on? [Ask to provide a really tough issue they resolved that involved those items.]
- How do you respond when you don’t know the answer to a question?
- The customer is saying you’re taking too long to solve the issue, what do you do?
- The customer is pointing out a big known problem with your product, what do you do? [This indicates if they can show empathy and/or have the ability to apologize.]
- Give an example of a customer that you turned around from a position of unhappiness to sheer joy.
- Define really great support. What experiences have you had personally that are great examples?
- Have you tried our product/service and what do you know about it?
If you liked this article, let us know by clicking Like.