Ingrid Stabb, author of “The Career Within You,” is Visiting Seattle on June 28th
June 25th, 2010 by lewisTweet
You’re invited on Monday, June 28th! I’ll be giving a talk on “The Career Within You” at the University Book Store in Seattle. We’ll also hold a career networking happy hour prior to the talk at Kai’s Bistro and Lounge.
For more details and to RSVP, please see: http://careerwithinyouseattle.
A few alumni and career interest groups will be in attendance to mix and mingle. Feel free to invite your friends who are interested in networking or the topic of careers. I hope to see you there!
Co-author of The Career Within You: http://www.harpercollins.com/
About The Book Talk:
The Career Within You: Mapping Out The Perfect Career Path For Your Personality
By co-author, Ingrid Stabb
Description: To be successful and fulfilled, your work life must reflect your true self, including calling upon the strengths you already possess. The Career Within You helps you achieve just that. The book’s individualized approach determines your career type, then helps you forge leadership and job decisions that best suit you, making it the ideal career management guide for job hunters and career changers of all stripes.
Downloadable Resources: http://www.careerwithinyou.
Bio: An innovator in business applications of personalization, Ingrid Stabb holds a BA from Columbia University and an MBA from the Yale School of Management. She has worked with hundreds of individuals on their career development, writes a column for TALK Journal, organizes workshops, and co-chairs the Yale SOM Career Management Committee. Stabb has been featured in the New York Times and on local Channel 7 ABC’s The View From The Bay ( http://bit.ly/ViewBay). Her multi-sector management career spans Fortune 500 companies, international startups, non-profit work and the U.S. government. As an expert in personalization, she has helped major companies better target specific demographics and increase customer loyalty. Stabb was a key developer in SCORE! Educational Center’s business model, which employed personalized educational software—the first of its kind. Stabb is currently a social media technology marketer for Lithium Technologies, Inc.
Praise for The Career Within You
- “Take your time in reading this book. Be brutally honest with yourself. Why? Because it will free you! It will free you to become the person you know you really want to be. The book is of immense help in understanding yourself and your colleagues. It will empower you to take those steps that will result in new and even joyful professional satisfaction.” – Gil Garcetti, former Los Angeles County District Attorney, Consulting Producer of “The Closer,” author and photographer
- “What a tragedy it is to posses such natural gifts and to hide them from ourselves and the world. Wagele and Stabb are great detectives who will help you understand your perfect habitat for all you can bring to the workplace.” – Chip Conley, Founder & CEO, Joie de Vivre Hospitality, author of PEAK: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow
- “This book is full of valuable information on developing one’s career. A great strength of the book is its entertaining style – I loved the charts, cartoons, exercises, etc. which add a light touch to the serious material covered in the book.” – Subrata K. Sen, Joseph F. Cullman Professor of Marketing, Yale School of Management
- “An eminently practical application of the Enneagram’s insights, punctuated with many real-life examples. This book is an excellent guide through times of change. It will help you fine-tune your career goals, improve a job search strategy and show you how to always play to your strengths.” – Thomas Condon, Enneagram teacher, author, The Enneagram Movie & Video Guide
- “A groundbreaking work. For each Enneagram style you will find thoughtful and clear descriptions, how each style relates to the spectrum of career choices, and a powerful method to determine the path that best fits you. You will discover what career best fits for your style and in the process a more fulfilling life.” – David Daniels, M.D., Clinical Professor Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science Stanford Medical School, and author of The Essential Enneagram
- “The Career Within You will help you recognize who you are in the working world, the kind of job you’ll thrive at and how to find it.” – Jonathan Feinstein, John G. Searle Professor of Economics and Management Yale School of Management
- “Wagele and Stabb have a delightful way of describing the nine Enneagram styles and their drawings add whimsy and clarity to understanding the types. With their career finder tool, Wagele and Stabb introduce the nine career types with a potpourri of careers. They offer concrete suggestions for soliciting, auditioning for, and closing on their favored career positions.” – Jerome Wagner, PH.D, author of The Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles
If you liked this article, let us know by clicking Like.