FREE Career Event Feb 25 Seattle: Karen Burns’ Career Advice You Can Actually Use
February 16th, 2010 by lewisTweet
My good friend, Karen Burns, is having her last event for her book: The Amazing Adventures of Working Girl: Real-Life Career Advice You Can Actually Use.
During the event, Karen will introduce her book and talk about career success secrets. Karen is one of the most talented, courageous, and knowledgeable authors I know. I’ve included the time, date, and location info below as well as Karen’s reasons on why you should go.
P.S. If you’re looking for more career advice from Karen, check out her U.S. News column & her blog.
Thursday, February 25th
Elliott Bay Book Company
101 S Main St
Seattle, WA 98104-2581
Karen’s Ten Reasons on Why You Should Go
- I’ll be joined by Shari Storm, author of “Motherhood is the New MBA.” That’s two authors for the price of one.
- Actually there is no price. The event is free.
- Ours will be one of the very last author events ever to be held at the original historic location of Elliott Bay Books. This is Seattle’s most famous bookstore (Bill Clinton had an event here) and if you have never been to a reading at Elliott Bay, this is a perfect opportunity.
- Elliott Bay Book Co. is having a BIG BOOK SALE (to get ready for their move to Capitol Hill). Who knows what you might find.
- There will be wine. And, yup, that’s free, too.
- Also a drawing. Win prizes!
- You could make an evening of it and have dinner afterwards at the adjacent and recently refurbished Elliott Bay Café. The chef there is Tamara Murphy, formerly of Brasa, and it is supposed to be quite the thing.
- Shari is a wonderful speaker. And most charming.
- Many cool people will be there. Great networking opportunity!
- Did I mention it will be my last book promotion event for “The Amazing Adventures of Working Girl”? I would LOVE to see you there.
If you liked this article, let us know by clicking Like.